Thursday, November 17, 2011

Buns anyone?

I'm talking the cinnamon kind.

I love cinnamon rolls.  The swirls of sweet cinnamon sugar nestled in between the layers of soft, pillowy dough and a rich, gooey glaze melting down the sides of a freshly baked bun- an indulgence for sure!  So when I heard about VegNews Bucket List #16 Cinnaholic, where patrons could pick from an assortment of tried and true combinations or create their own, I just had to try it.


I drove up to San Francisco early one Friday and made it to Berkeley just before lunchtime.  I picked up the Old Skool flavor (traditional cinnamon bun with glaze) and a S'mores (with cinnamon graham cracker bears, dandies marshmallows and chocolate syrup).

Old Skool
S'mores

They were so good that I had to make another stop on my way out of town on Sunday afternoon for the drive home and got the daily special: Raspberry Streusel (raspberries and granola oats).

Raspberry streusel

This place should definitely be on your list of "things to do and see"!  I wonder if I can convince my sister to bring some with her next week for Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment