Thursday, October 20, 2011

Spooktacular Sweets

Halloween now has special meaning because it marks the anniversary of Tokki's adoption.  It will be our first year together!  And so, I've already begun the preparations for the celebration!


First on the list: Stocking the candy bowl and preparing goodie bags for my co-workers.  This year, the candy bowl looks slightly different.  It used to be filled with a variety of chocolate bars (Twix, Kit Kat, Snickers, etc.), but instead, I'm doling out vegan-friendly candies. The following is a list of approved Halloween Candy*:

Airheads
Brachs Fruit Slices
Charms Blow-Pops
Chick-o-Sticks
Cracker Jack
Dots
Dum-Dums
Jolly Ranchers (My favorite is apple and watermelon and cherry. Oh, who am I kidding? I love them all!)
Jujubees
Jujufruits
Mambas
Mary Janes
Nerds
Now & Later (I have been eating these since grade school. I can remember my friends and I trying to bite through these and then finally wearing it down so that we could chew and swallow it. I find that the ones they make these days are too chewy and not like they used to be.)
Pez (Who doesn't love a good Pez dispenser?!?)
Smarties
Sour Patch Kids (I LOVE sour candy. It is by far my favorite type of candy.)
Swedish Fish
Sweet Tarts
Twizzlers
Wonka Gobstoppers, Runts, Bottle Caps, Laffy Taffy
Zotz (A friend introduced these to me for the first time yesterday! It was fantastic! Like I said, I LOVE sour candy and this was definitely IT!)

I love that so many of these candies are ones that I grew up on.  Each one of them, at one time or another, found its way into my tummy.   I've given up some of them (more for my dentist's sake because the jujubees and jujyfruits are quite sticky), but overall, it's nice to know I didn't have to give up all of my childhood favorites.

Stay tuned next week for candy apples and pumpkin bread!

(* The list was compiled by VegNews and PETA)

No comments:

Post a Comment